Sunday, January 27, 2008

Crispy Pepperoni Chips


fried pepperoni?!
Originally uploaded by misfitgirl
Since eating better, I've noticed that I've been missing textures. I know that probably sounds weird, but there's just something about the light fluffy texture of fresh bread or the crunch of a potato chip. At the same time, chips are a good scoop too -- dips, chili, etc.

I decided to look around for low carb chip substitutes and I stumbled up Crispy Pepperoni Chips over at the Food Network. Honestly, the recipe couldn't be more straight forward -- take sliced pepperoni and put it in the oven until crispy. They definitely were crispy and worked well as a chip and a cracker. I ate them with cream cheese but next time I might find a low carb dip to add a little more flavor.

Through this recipe hunt, I found out that the Food Network used to have a low carb show, Low Carb and Lovin' It. Apparently it was on during the height of the low carb craze when every food related company was trying to cash in.
For all those who have struggled to lose weight and failed: Meet George Stella, the low carb chef. Once weighing in at 465 pounds, George transformed his life with controlled carbohydrate eating. Now he shares his secrets to successful weight loss, proving that the low carb lifestyle doesn’t have to be boring.
It is a shame the Food Network doesn't have the old episodes of the show available on their website, I'd love to watch them.

No comments: