Saturday, December 1, 2007

Eating Plan for December 2007

The first eating plan I'm going to follow is simply titled How to Lose 20 lbs. of Fat in 30 Days… Without Doing Any Exercise. It was written as a blog post by Tim Ferris, the author of the 4-Hour Workweek. I know what you're thinking! "Jon, didn't you just say you were going to follow a sensible plan that includes diet and exercise." Tim recommends both diet and exercise, so the post title is a bit misleading, but the point he is trying to make is that you can change your body with diet, exercise or supplements if applied correctly. The best results will come from doing all three together.

His eating plan is relatively straight forward with four simple rules:

Rule #1: Avoid “white” carbohydrates.
Rule #2: Eat the same few meals over and over again.
Rule #3: Don’t drink calories.
Rule #4: Take one day off per week.

The recommended diet includes eating unlimited amounts of vegetables, beans, legumes and lean protein. I actually started this eating plan the day after Thanksgiving because I needed something to do with ~18 pounds of left over turkey. I packaged it up with broccoli and kidney beans and froze it. That's what I've been eating for about a week now. Other than that, I have eggs, black beans and salsa for breakfast.

When I started on Black Friday, I weighed 417. Today, on the first, I'm at 405.

Today is my first "cheat day" and I'm going to a Flyers game for my company's office party. I'm glad that this eating plan includes a scheduled day off, because I doubt there will be beans or vegetables at the game. I'm expecting cheesesteaks and soft pretzels as far as the eye can see.

No comments: